Getting Ready at 4:00am
Ready to go and nervous as can be!
Last Goodbye
Mile 24
Coming down the last stretch!
4:09

We made it!
My biggest Fan!
About 6 weeks ago I was talked into running this marathon with Jen. It's not that I didn't want to but I didn't have much time to get trained properly. This was Jen's first marathon and she and John were planning to run it together until John dropped out. So I trained as well as I could and here we are!
We went up to Logan the day before and ate, picked up our packets and chilled at the hotel. The race was very hard. Poor Jen was injured and icing her leg the night before so of course that was not an ideal circumstance. It helped her to walk and give her leg a break and then go again. That was very hard on my body. I got stiffer and stiffer the more we walked and ran. At mile 21 Jen's knee completely went out and she was not able to run at all after that. It was amazing to see her push through her pain. I was so impressed. I left her at mile 23 because I knew John and Esteban were at mile 24. John went back and walked the rest of the way with her. Those last 2 miles were a real struggle for me. My legs have never been that tight before. But, we both made it and are excited to run another one.
6 comments:
You guys are amazing! If running will make me look like the two of you maybe I should think of picking it up.
Awesome Amy!! Thanks for the invite...I was wanting to see the updates!! I miss you guys!!
You are amazing.
I can't believe how many races you have run this year. Crazy girl! One of these days I may join you for a race. :)
You r my herooo!!!
Amy, you were so awesome to run it with me! You made it so fun. I can't wait for our next one without any injuries before the start! I couldn't have shared our before race experience with anyone else ;)
Post a Comment